NEW FOR 2020
CIRCLES INTIMACY AND RELATIONSHIP TRAINING
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2020 9AM-4PM
TRAINING WITH DEVELOPER LESLIE WALKER-HIRSCH
What is Circles? The Circles Program teaches social distance and levels of intimacy through the use of six color-coded concentric circles. Starting from the center circle, which represents the self, each new colored circle represents behaviors, feelings, and actions appropriate to the distance from the center of self. Circles was written by Leslie Walker-Hirsch, Med, Marklyn Champagne, RN, MSW & James Stanfield, EDD
Who Should Attend the Training?
The training will happen in three waves on the 19th.
- Wave 1 - For people wanting to help present Circles to our membership following training in 2020-2021. This session will be via zoom from 9AM-12NOON.
- Wave 2 - A working lunch together via ZOOM with creator, Leslie Walker-Hirsch. This lunch is for parents wanting an overview of the program and who want to ask specific questions about CIRCLES.
- Wave 3 - For self advocates wanting to learn more about the Circles program and who would be willing to volunteer to help the trainers present CIRCLES to the membership at monthly meetings in 2020-2021.
What Section should I attend?
- If you are an individual with Ds consider Wave 3
- If you are a parent consider the working lunch and/or attending Wave 1 and becoming a trainer.
- If you are a peer or board member (community member at large) consider joining Wave 1 to be trained on how to deliver the CIRCLES program to our membership monthly during 2020-2021.
How will this be used after training? DSAF will host monthly CIRCLES seminars (Dates, host site, and times TBD) utilizing the CIRCLES curriculum designed to help educate our membership at differing levels about relationship circles and healthy boundaries.
Where can I look for more information if I am still not sure? https://vimeo.com/272676462
RESERVE YOUR SPOT: This is a small group with limited space so please RSVP as soon as possible if you are interested in becoming a trainer, peer mentor and/or would like to enroll your tween/young adult in the series. To reserve your spot for the information meeting and “train the trainer” event, visit https://bit.ly/2TX9xtU.
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org